Information Architect , July 2015 - May 2016
HealthPartners via The Creative Group - Contract to Full Time
, Minneapolis, MN.
Defining strategy and UX for the authenticated user experience for member/patients, and the Provider Portal web applications used by clinics, hospitals, and doctors to manage provider and patient information primarily using Agile methodologies. I work with project managers, developers, product managers, testers and business analysts to make recommendations and solve for business needs subject to heavy regulation.
- Created public appointment scheduling experience to enable access for non-patient/non-member users
- Fulfill ongoing UX needs for Health Partners authenticated Find Care web application.
- Provide prototypes, wireframes, and user flows for desktop and responsive experiences.
- Refined and set error handling standards across platforms to reduce wasted space and scrolling.
Information Architect/ Visual Designer , July 2014 - May 2015
U.S. Bank via Horizontal Integration contract
, Minneapolis, MN.
Integrated Brokerage and Trust features for the Wealth business line into all U.S. Bank and U.S. Bancorp platforms for both mobile and desktop experiences in a dual role focused on Information Architecture, with a supporting visual design role. Interacted frequently with Business Analysts, Technology and Development teams, and the Business Line.
- Created experiences for immediate internal and external funding for new Brokerage and Trust accounts.
- Assisted in developing small business account management experience.
- Ongoing updates and additions to various areas of U.S. Bank and U.S. Bancorp wireframes
- Applied segmented branding experiences for Wealth sites with different client tiers.
- Designed marketing campaign for feature rollouts to new and existing customers.
Design Manager, February 2008 - July 2014
Work across enterprise sites, including Ameriprise Financial, Columbia Management, Riversource Insurance and affiliated mobile platforms to define and uphold brand consistency and retain a brand family look.
- Ameriprise Mobile App. Art directed and provided brand and UX guidance for redesign of Ameriprise mobile app for iPhone and Android, including oversight of PhoneGap hybrid,
made usability recommendations on
navigation, behaviors, and user flows.
- Join Ameriprise (Careers). Worked with Information architect to reconfigure site for responsive design with attention to more scannable content and video accessibility.
- Columbia Management - Retail - Reconfigured site for responsive design and updated style to complement recently redesigned Institutional site. Observed and addressed issues gleaned from usability testing.
- Columbia Management - Institutional - Provided art direction to vendor and extended resulting design to existing and new content.
- Columbia Management - Future Scholar. Brand redesign to complement other Columbia properties and offline marketing materials.
- BAU Manager. Received and delegated ongoing site content updates, collaborated with account managers, other BAU managers, and site developers for scheduled and expedited updates.
Interactive Designer, August 2006 - February 2008
Designed and developed interactive experiences for Target, Hasbro, Federal Reserve, and others.
- Target - Design explorations for Red Card and Cinema Red brands, design extension and content creation for Cinema Red website.
- Minneapolis Federal Reserve. Site design and design extension for Minneapolis Federal Reserve site.
- Ergodyne - Site design and design extension
Freelance Design September 2007 - present
Designed, consulted and developed for interactive media.
- Target and Sports Illustrated via Little & Co. - Created sales support Flash presentation
- This Old House via Martin Williams - Designed house paint configurator for website
- Piper Jaffray via Kerker (now Preston-Kelly) Concepting for microsite.
Interactive Designer August 2000 - February 2002
Fallon Interactive - Fallon | Minneapolis.
- Created consumer-oriented websites and online advertising for clients including:
- BMW - Designed launch site for the BMW 745i, Photo directed and oversaw retouching for BMW 2000 model year
- Timberland - Rebranded and redesigned site to accommodate ecommerce functionality.
- United - Designed campaigns and related online assets
- PBS - Created campaign and online assets for "American High" series